For the development of Macao Orchestra, we are currently recruiting for the following positions, please join us in building the future of the orchestra. And we welcome talented and ambitious professional musicians to apply, especially for local young musicians：
Recruiting Full-Time musicians
Viola Tutti (Download the repertoire)
Double Bass Tutti (Download the repertoire)
Second Flute and Piccolo (Download the repertoire)
Second Oboe and English Horn (Download the repertoire)
Second Clarinet and Eb Clarinet and Bass Clarinet (Download the repertoire)
Horn Tutti (Download the repertoire)
Second Trumpet (Download the repertoire)
Principal Trombone (Download the repertoire)
Second Trombone (Download the repertoire)
Bass Trombone (Download the repertoire)
Tuba (Download the repertoire)
Principal Timpani (Download the repertoire)
Percussion (Download the repertoire)
·Completed at least one tertiary level musical degree (e.g. Bachelor of Music) in an institution of international repute.
·Fair English communication skills, and able to participate in English-language rehearsals.
·Macao SAR Resident Identity Card holder are given priority under the same qualification and experience.
Application information to submitted:
·Application form (Download)
·Scanned copy of Passport or Macao Resident ID (pdf.)
1. Solo piece(s) and requirement are listed in the repertoire list. Orchestral excerpts are not required in audition video recording.
2. All recording must be one-take video without editing.
3. Video format is required to be MP4, capacity is limited to 500MB-800MB and total length is about 15 minutes.
4. Please upload the video to www.baiduyun.com (please provide the approval code for download)or www.onedrive.com and email us ([email protected]) the link of your video. Kindly be informed that DVD format is not allowed and the video file should be named as the candidate’s name.
·Please send us the above application information by e-mail ([email protected]). The email subject should be: name + musician, such us “Dennis, Tuba”
·All information submitted will be used for audition purposes only, all documents will be kept confidentially and won’t be returned.
·Audition committee of Macao Orchestra will screen all applications and contact suitable applicants by email and arrange for a live audition in Macao.
·The live audition will include solo section and an orchestral excerpts section.
·No copies of repertoire or scores will be available for download in live audition.
·Late applications will not be accepted.
Application deadline: 23:59 on 29 May 2022 or before (GMT +8)
Shortlisted candidates’ notification: 6 June 2022 (GMT +8)
Live Audition (Shortlisted candidates): 22 to 26 June 2022 (GMT +8)
Notification of Acceptance:
30 June 2022 04 July 2022 (GMT +8)
(Due to the epidemic situation in Macao, the scoring process is still in progress, and the audition result is expected to be notified after July 4)
Macao Orchestra Recruitment Office
Email: [email protected]
Tel: (+853) 8988 4165
Address: Caves 2 do Centro de Criatividade do Tap Siac, Praça do Tap Siac, Macau SAR
* Macao Orchestra possess the authority of interpretation, and reserved the right to change any requirements of the audition.